Social media shares are a valuable currency for brands today. That’s because shares directly signal which messages, campaigns and images engage your audience the most. The real truth is that awesome things happen when you get more shares on your content, like:
- Brand awareness
- More website traffic
- Search engines index your content faster
- More bloggers will offer to contribute to your blog
- Other bloggers will invite you to contribute to their blog
- Potentially higher search engine rankings
- Increase sales and conversions
- You’ll earn more backlinks which again, leads to more traffic
The benefits are endless, but what can you do right now to significantly increase the number of shares on your content?
Proven Way to Boost Your Social Shares (and its GDRP Complaint)
One of the easiest ways to get more shares on your website is with the “locking” action. The locking action will allow the visitor to continue reading a website or get access to specific content only when do a share action. Simple and effective method. But it has one big disadvantage – it is not a GDPR complaint. So if you want to keep the privacy of your visitors using a traditional locker won’t be an option.
That is why we create a special method in Easy Social Share Buttons for WordPress called Share Booster. Share Booster feels and looks like a social locker but it is not such. The technique used by Share Booster is to lock the screen based on various events and ask users to share and then continue reading but the user can cancel that at any time. And that method is privacy safe and GDPR complaint – the user is not tracked or there is no personal information collected.
You may say that this, not a real locker, and everyone can bypass it easily. And you are partly right about that – you will have 10% geek visitors that can do the trick. But for the rest, it will look and feel like they need to do the action before moving on. Even that is not a real locker the method used can help grow your shares fast and with ease.
Interested? Let us who you an example of how the Share Booster looks.
It’s highly customizable
As we always do inside Easy Social Share Buttons for WordPress the display methods are highly customizable without the need for code knowledge.
- Full customization options for displayed share buttons on screen
- Control the booster appearance based on various events: appear immediately after load, appear time delayed or on scroll when a set by you percent of content is read
- Full support for text and style customization of the pop-up screen and overlay color
- Supported shortcodes inside text fields
- Disappear event logic where you can set when the pop-up to appear again after action is made (unlock time) and will it apply just to current post/page or entire site
- Add manual close window text – with manual close you will allow user to continue read but it will appear again as no action is taken