At version 3.5 of Easy Social Share Buttons we add new display position called Post Share Bar. That display position is specially developed for blog style sites and it is pretty much different from all displays offered till now at Easy Social Share Buttons.
The main feature that distinguish Post Share Bar is that the display is compounded from many element, that may be turned on/off depends on the user’s needs. Post Share Bar includes not only share buttons, but also provides display of elements typical for blogs/newspaper themes like category name, comments, number of previews, previous/next articles buttons, etc.
Post Share Bar is really great outfit for blogs. It sticks to the bottom of the window and take the attention of the readers with elements from the blog that are important to you. Lets have more detailed overview of the Post Share Bar features.
When Post Share Bar is activated by default it includes three elements that on our thoughts are very useful at blog pages and make the display position looks cool:
- Previous/next articles buttons – these buttons allows the readers to switch between articles fast, with less actions and presumably will ensure longer stay of the users at the site.
- Progress bar – this is tiny color line at the upper side of the share bar that shows what percentage of the post content is scrolled. The color of the progress bar can be customized at Change default accent color option.
- Post title included – by default the title of the post is included at the Post Share Bar. That helps the readers be sure what content they are going to share with the buttons.
Each of these elements can be turned off.
There are also 5 other Share Bar elements. They are not active by default and have to be turned on from the settings:
- Display of category – with this option active the category of the article will be displayed at the left hand side of the share bar. The background color is the same as the progress bar and can be customized with Change default accent color option.
Displaying the category navigates the readers into the site’s structure and helps them to extract maximum benefits from the blog’s content.
- Display post author – when the option is active at the Post Share Bar is displayed the author name. That is very helpful option, when there are many writers publishing at one site.
- Total shares counter – the option adds total shares count at the Post Share bar.
- Comments counter – displays little comments icon with number of comments.
- Time to read – when that option is turned on at the bar will display approximately time to reed the article. The time is calculating by filling words per minute to be read. The default set is 250 words per minute.
The other settings
The rest of the settings for Post Share Bar are the usual opportunities that Easy Social Share Buttons provides for each display position. There is possibility to customize the style of the buttons just for Post Share Bar display position and to choose:
- the buttons to display with icon and network name;
with network name and without icon;
only as icon without network names;
as icon with network name appearing on button hover
- the template – all the templates provide by the plugin are available
- with or without space between buttons
- activate counters and choose their position
- choose if the settings will be valid for mobile devices – that option is really important and it is related with the speed optimization of your site and also with the best visual setup of the share buttons for different devices. We always advise the users to make separate settings for desktop and mobiles. We have developed mobile displays consistent with all the special features of the mobiles and their work.
- choose networks for Post Share Bar – you can choose networks that will display only for Post Share Bar and to customize the default network list that set at the global settings.
- rename network names – set custom texts instead of networks names. That feature can be used to translate the names of the networks at any language for Post Share Bar display.